Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Business is business...and heartbreaking

I just found out that the girl I planned on getting myself for Christmas was sold. The news is very upsetting. The plans I had for my farm have gone up in flames. She was a key foundation female for me. I realize there are other alpacas for sale but that isn't the point.

I understand that someone with cash in hand is a better option than someone who would make payments, but I just don't think I could have done that. I know the sale wasn't made to hurt my feelings, it was simply a business decision, but the result is the same.

I'm more than a little disappointed right now, but eventually I'll come up with a new plan. I'm considering trading Priscilla, but then again, I may simply select another female and be in the same position I was in before. I don't know, I'm feeling pretty disillusioned right now.

Maybe it's a sign to stick to my fiber farm and forget doing anything with breeding until Michael is old enough to become a herdsire. Who knows? As soon as I figure it out, I'll post.

No comments:

Post a Comment