Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy days are here again!

I'm feeling much better about my farm and farm plans. I have found a new girl to add to my herd. Her name is Jasmine. She's a bred girl and she comes with a male cria at her side. I've named him Captain Gold. I'm very excited about my new additions. She's bred to black and has a silver grey mom, so I could end up with a grey female. I understand she's overdue for a female.

Next summer I'll start looking for a light colored herdsire. Because Jasmine is a blue eyed white, The herdsire I buy will have to be a solid male with no white on him.

Now that my farm is back on track, I'm seriously debating having my own mini-mill. There are so many latent costs associated with processing fiber that I understand why some breeders are not looking to process their fiber. I'm not sure but I am excited to have a new research project.

No comments:

Post a Comment