Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Real Farm

Now that I know what I can do with the fiber, I'm going full steam ahead planning my farm. I really love reading the web pages of other farms. I found one where they have chickens. I had been toying with the idea of having chickens. I've also been kicking around the idea of having a horse, too. I also like the idea of having a vegetable garden and possibly a small orchard.

I've been working on preliminary sketches of the layout. I've also been looking a blue prints for houses and found a great floor plan for the farm store and helper's cabin. I'm even looking at potential houses. I've become a DYI network junkie and I'm convinced I can build them myself. I'm also thinking realistically that I might simply purchase a maunfactured house.

Today's task will be creating my five year financial plan so I can begin the process of getting funding. I found a grant to start a new farm unfortunately it was already closed. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment