Monday, October 19, 2009

Sad Day at the Ranch

My visit yesterday was bittersweet. It was great because I got to spend all day with my kids. We walked Michael and Ewok and they did very well. Ewok has decided he definitely does not like being halter trained but he cooperated - somewhat. Michael did so well, he looks like a champion. He’s going to do his father and grandfather proud. We did a mock show and he tolerated being touched, though he did object to looking under his tail. Not bad for a 4 mo old on the halter for the third time. :-) I’m especially excited that he gained another 9 pounds. He will definitely reach the cria goal of 60 lbs by 6 months. He already weighs 57.

People say that alpacas are really smart and I fully believe that. Especially after yesterday. I went to hug my boys because I won’t be seeing them for a while and they went with it. Even Ewok and he hates being touched. It was almost like they understood I was saying good-bye. I’m going to miss them terribly. I didn’t interact too much with the girls because newly preggos are hormonal shouldn’t be upset.

Rick and Patti gave me an amazing send off: we had wine and cheese on the patio and they gave me an alpaca bear. Rick looked over my route to make sure I was going the most efficient way.

I know they’ll take great care of my kids. But I'm going to miss going to the ranch every week and seeing my kids grow and sitting with Rick and Pati and discussing alpacas. It's very hard to find good people and I'm very blessed to have them as friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment