Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy, Productive Day

Today was a great day on the farm. Pati and I had a great conversation about my kids, my future plans and where they fit in those plans. We decided that Keona wasn't the best fit for my plans and they generously allowed me to trade Keona for one of the white proven females, Priscilla. I put my hands on Priscilla she has really nice fiber, just as important, her cria, Cleveland, has great fiber and luster. I'm very happy with my trade and I'm still on track to give myself Carmella as a Christmas present. And typical of how wonderful Pati is, she gave me Priscilla's fiber. It's really great.

In other business, we put the boys on halter today. Ewok didn't alarm scream like he did last time. He actually walked along side Michael. Michael behaved beautifully. He pulled and pronked a bit, but for a new guy, he did very well. We took Michael and Ewok by Boy's Town and introduced Michael to his father, Blade. However, once Blade determined Michael wasn't a female, he lost interest. Haltering and unhaltering Michael would have gone a little better if his Mom hadn't kept clucking at him. Now that I think about it, maybe she was just trying to make him feel better, but he took it as come here.

All-in-all it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment