Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Farm Days

Whew! This was a whirlwind weekend! Setting up for farm days reminded me of my Venice Beach days. It was realy fun meeting and greeting visitors. Even more fun was the hands-on learning about the fiber. I spent Saturday learning how to pre-cleaning fiber and on Sunday I saw alpaca products flying out the door.

The kids were so great. Considering the amount of traffic they had to put up with, they were amazing. Shogun and Hardy were excellent ambassadors. The girls were majorly funny. We threw hay over the fence so they would come over and be seen. Some of the girls (Malea and Paris Hilton) decided these were there personal hay beds and rolled around in it and promptly fell asleep. Too funny.

We took two girls to a show pen and Miss Dora decided she wanted no part of it and tried to carry the show back to her pasture. Poor Dora. Maybe next year will be better. Dreamgirl was loving getting treats from everyone. So was Barry. I think the alpacas have decided that since Farm Days = treats all day, they like it!

Farms days were a great fun and totally educational experience. I can't wait until I can have my farm involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment