Thursday, September 3, 2009

Education for Focus

I have learned so much since I was introduced to alpacas. A lot I've learned from my mentoring farm and the woman who introduced me to alpacas and I've learned a lot from the people I have met while doing research. My research has been so good for me. In learning the various aspects of the alapca industry, I have learned what will work for me and won't.

There is still alot for me to learn and I feel very fortunate to be in an industry where everyone is eager to help a newbie learn. I know that as I learn more my plans will chagne and shift. I was cautioned against falling in love with my business plan becuase alpaca are livestock and livestock is unpredictable. One thing I learned about life is that things do change. My business plan has helped me focus and discover questions I didn't know I had.

I think to give my alpacas the best life possible, I need to learn as much as I can. I also know that as much as I'll learn while I'm preparing to set-up my farm, I'll learn a lot more once my kids move in.

No comments:

Post a Comment