Saturday, September 12, 2009

Farming is Fun

I went to the farm and cleaned boy's town again. I've read several times in the Alpaca Nation forum that boys are infinitely easier to take care of than girls. There are definitely far fewer medical issues with boys.

The boys are so funny. I'm glad I'm more interested in the fiber end of the alpaca business than breeding. After working in the boy's fields, I have no problem with having lots of boys. I didn't scrub out their buckets this time, I just simply rinsed them out. And they again watched me like a hawk. A little later, I went down to belly hose them. They are such water hogs. Especially Luther and Flash. What's funny is when Blade and Fred want it, they want it. Of course, it would be nice if Fred had come down to be soaked before I put up the hose, but oh well. It was fun playing with the boys.

It was too hot to weigh the kids, but hopefully it will be cooler next weekend. Keona and Michael allowed me two whole minutes of petting time. Ewok was having none of it. Today was the first time I've seen them cling to their moms and not each other. It's about time they started acting like babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment