Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why Research is Important

I was about to give in to temptation. I kept looking at that cute face on Alpaca Nation and I almost gave in to buying the girl I've been seeing on the big alpaca sale. Apparently, during the past week, the person coducting the herd dispersal sale/auction decided to change the girl from sale to auction. A little disappointing, but not the end of the world. But what I found next was.

I am a firm believer in second chances. I believe that we screw up, we're all human afterall and none of us is perfect. The person who is conducting the sale committed a terrible fraud, but I thought maybe being sanctioned by ARI would have been an eye opening experience to make him change his ways.....wrong.

The girl I've fallen in love with isn't registered. She has an ARI number but when we looked for her on ARI, she wasn't there. Her sire and dam were, but not her. It's possible she's one of the many animals caught up in all of the legal drama, but still it's disappointing. One would think he would have used this as an opportunity to stage a positive comeback, but no, he is using it as an opportunity to continue on the cheating path.

I'm very disappointed, she's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment