Friday, September 11, 2009

Finished Product Hunt

I am on the hunt for a place where I can get my fiber from animal to sellable finished product. I find one place but they don't provide a phone number which I view as a red flag. Why would I sent my fiber to a company I can't call for information? It's a bit of a challenge, the places I've found so far only take the fiber to skeined yarn at best.I do plan to make some items myself. I can knit and I'm buying a knitting machine so I can make sweaters faster. I'm going to learn how to crochet so I can make rugs. The one item I'm not 100% comfortable with are socks. But I have discovered soap felting. It looks easy and fun. I'll find out. I think a sewing machine might be in my future, who knows? The fiber mill I've chosen to work with is still on track getting the machine that makes fabric out of alpaca fiber. I'm watching their progress with great interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment