Sunday, September 20, 2009

Leaning More towards Fiber Farm

I've thought a lot about it and after reading the prenatal/neonatal posts, I am leaning more towards my thought process of having a predominately fiber herd. There are just so many things that can go wrong in the breeding process. It would make me feel so bad to lose an animal because I don't know what I'm doing. I don't think an animal's life should be my learning curve. That's why I'm glad I'm agisting while I'm learning. I will take a prenatal/neonatal seminar, but the whole thing makes me nervous. Besides, the more time I spend in Boys town, the happier I am.

I've read that boys are nicer in general and easier than girls and I'm finding that to be somewhat true. I have met some friendly girls, but most of the friendlier animals I meet are boys. While I was rinsing out and refilling the water buckets, Shogun came and leaned on me as we waited for the bucket to fill. I stroked his neck and hummed a song and he just leaned there. Every once in a while he'd put his head up for kisses. And when I scratched his top knot, he just rolled his eyes like "oh, yeah". The other boys aren't quite that friendly but they try. Mo and Fred like to be pet as well. Not quite like Shogun, does but very close.

I was upset to learn that poor Rev Black was killed by a kick to the head. Poor thing kept trying nurse from everyone in the immediate vicinity and he didn't get not to do that. High price to pay. RIP Rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment