Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hot Time in Boys Town

I went to visit my kids yesterday. It was very hot so I didn't get to spend much time with them. I got to the ranch early so I could help Rick. I cleaned up Boy's town on my own. Cleaning Boy's town is alot different from the Girl's fields. For one thing, the girls have absolutely no interest in what you are doing. They just go about their business while you scoop poop or scrub out the water buckets. Not in Boy's town. They stand there and watch every move you make. And they stand in the way. That was during poop scooping.

Cleaning the buckets is the boys' least favorite activity. Especially if you bring the buckets into the alley. They flipped. When I brought the bucket into the alley I had the undivided attention of every boy. Merlin kept nudging Mo, so Mo spit at him. And yes, I got a little slimed, just a little, but still. When I put the bucket back, Mo stood over it like it was his newborn child. ay,yi,yi. Lesson learned, do not remove bucket from field, so when I moved to the next field, I cleaned it in the field. Only to have Conquistador stand over me. I finally cleaned the bucket standing because he wasn't going away, he was so scared I was going to take away the water bucket. Shogun was upset that I wasn't in the field to pet him. My goodness he's a lovebug. The boys in the Rainbow field had a drowned mouse in their water bucket. EEEWWWWW! mental note: put ladder on side of water bucket so falling rodents can get out.

The boys all forgave me when I belly hosed them and gave them carrots. I'm not sure if any of the guys besides Mo ate the carrots. I saw him eating them, Rick thinks rabbits ate the other carrots.

It was a great visit even though Kalea didn't have her baby. Rick and I had great conversation about breeding and bloodlines. When I got home, the book I ordered about alpaca farming had arrived. In the immortal words of Number Five: More input!

No comments:

Post a Comment