Sunday, August 2, 2009

Alpaca Shopping

I live on AlpacaNation. I have learned so much from that site. I have also learned quite a bit from the websites of various farms. These sites have been such an invaluable source of information for me, I can't wait to get my site set-up so I can share with other people like me.
I'm thinking that this blog is a good starting point, so I'll keep this up even when I get my site up and running.

Now that I've decided how many animals I want and what kind, the new decision is who buy next. Fortunately, I have plenty of time to make this decision. I have decided that I want to buy Red Shogun from Rick and Patti. Especially since they have such a great program that will allow me to buy him without breaking my bank. I'm still on the fence about Malea.

Malea is a great girl and breeding age which is what I want, however, I'm thinking I need to expand my genetic pool and buy from other farms or ranches. Buying Malea does fit into expanding my genetic pool because she isn't related to anyone else at All American. We'll see. I guess a lot will depend on if she's still available when I'm able to make my next purchase. My next acquisition must be a female because Keona has no one to be in her field with. I'll have three boys and I don't really need anymore, but there seems to be an abundance of males available.

I saw one ad that has me very tempted. There's a trick trained alpaca who gives "high twos". Beyond adorable. If I had extra money, I'd snatch up him and his two buddies. (I will need fiber animals) But since I don't right now, I have to be sensible and get a female next.

Of course I'm going to wait until the raffle results to see if I win Chai Tea. That would be great. She comes with a breeding to any male of the farm including Captain Morgan. I think I could add some serious value to my herd by having offspring of Captain Morgan.

No comments:

Post a Comment