Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Decisions Decisions

What is making life really easy for me is having such wonderful mentors in this business. Everyone has a different way they approach this business but the goal for all of us is the same: to earn enough money from our animals to make a living.

After carefully considering the various ways to make money in this business, I keep coming back to the fiber end. Rick and Patti suggested that I open a fiber mill. This sounds good, I'll definitely research it. If I do decide to go that route, it won't be for a few years. I'm really concentrating on building my herd. It has been suggested that buying fiber animals will be a waste of money. I can see that point; however, it appears that waiting for alpacas to reproduce to my desired number will take me outside of my 5 year plan.

I was up really late last night working on my plan and my goal is to finish it by the end of the week. Finishing will let me know if I need to buy fiber animals to supplement my goal number. For now, my concentration is on what I need to set-up my farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment