Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Farming Lifestyle

The more time I spend at the ranch, the less I like LA. It is so peaceful. Why anyone would want to be in the hustle and bustle of the city when they can sit on a quiet patio and relax is beyond me. When I tell people that I drive an hour and a half to Murrieta to visit my kids, they look at me like I've grown a second head. But it's so worth the drive to me to be able to go there, interact with the animals, and just sit in the peace and quiet of nature. I don't even mind the little bit of work that must be done first. The reward of peace is well worth a couple of hours of hard work and long drive.

The hard part is not the drive to the ranch when I have to watch my speed because I can't wait to get there, but actually leaving. It takes me at least two hours to talk myself into leaving. It's the same with my ranch visits. I'm usually there for several hours because I just love being on a ranch so much.

I've always known I wasn't a city girl and growing up in LA was great because LA wasn't a real city then, but it is turning into one which makes me very sad. But it's a good thing because it encourages me to stay focused on my goal of having my own farm. Farming is for people who enjoy nature and desire a quiet life. Alpaca farming is for people who enjoy nature and love animals. That's why I know alpaca farming is definitely for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment