Thursday, August 20, 2009

What's in a name?

I thought long and hard about the name of my farm and came up with “Alpaca Sauna”. It’s kind of a play on the word “summer” my favorite season and I also chose it because the place where I plan to have my farm, Hot Springs, Arkansas, feels like a sauna during the summer.
Then I started thinking again and thought maybe I wanted to change the name (ARI only charges $ 5 for a name change). During my conversation with the representative at ARI, I decided not to change the name. She really liked it. I do, too, I just didn’t think people got it. Also, I understand the name is pretty unique, which made me like it more.

Speaking of names, I’ve backtracked on my decision to not put specific animals on my wish list. I have officially decided that I want Lady Carmella (daughter of King Kong) and one of the other white girls that Rick and Patti are selling and I might let fate determine which one but I’ll have my preference.

I’m not backtracking on concentrating on fiber rather than a breeding program, but if I am going to have a breeding program, albeit a small one, and have the opportunity to acquire high end lineage, I don’t see a reason not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment